Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain....


So, today started off with little expectation of any excitement...maybe a call for an interview, perhaps the acknowledgement of a resume. But, other than that, it looked to be just another day spent with my 2 nephews and the Cartoon Network (I'm becoming quite the expert.) So, imagine my surprise when I received a call around 9:30 saying that my sister-in-law was in labor...2 weeks early. We had toyed with the idea of me being in the room when she delivered a couple months back but after my sister's delivery - which could only be described as hellish, I was pretty hesitant to commit to that. However, when the moment came...I stepped up and decided to take one for the team and be in the room to see the birth of my newest nephew. And, may I say that Tracy is my idol when it comes to birthing children. She went into labor and had delivered within about 3 hours - travel time included. I won't share specific details...but I can only hope that someday when I have children it will be like that. After seeing my sister give birth, I had pretty much sworn off of it - she had scarred me for life...but I now have a renewed faith. We'll see if I make another appearance in my sister's room in a few months....

Thus, my newest nephew...Jackson Edward was born today at 12:55. He is 6lbs 15oz and 20 1/2 inches. He is precious!!!

Unfortunately my brother, Bryan, is stuck in Boston - the life of a pilot - and has not made it home yet to meet his newest son :( Hopefully he will be here soon!

So, I think it's safe to say that I've found what has made me happy for today :)

So, the 5th Lawlor grandchild has made his way into the world. Glad my brother and sister are keeping the numbers growing to keep the pressure off me for a while - I'm perfectly happy to be Aunt Katy a while longer :)

Guess the job searching will have to take a back seat for a day or two so that I can help out. Though, my day spent at the hospital has made me seriously consider going into nursing....

So, considering I'm worn out, this is really all i've got for today....I'll leave you with a picture :) Happy Tuesday! and, Happy Bday Jackson :)

No comments: